Thursday, March 14, 2013

Dancing Through Life

Sometimes I have a crisis when trying to figure out what Pandora station to listen to while blogging. Like I can even try to predict what's gonna happen when I finally chose a station.
Like, I just tried to pick my "Sky Sailing" channel to get some light, perky, innocent style music that would blend into the background easily. Instead I get "Liar Liar" by Christina Grimmie. No clue who you are but nice pipes there missy. But not at all what I wanna listen to while trying to blog about our anniversary! Go figure.
Oh, and spoiler alert; this is my anniversary post. Btdubs. I guess Michael Buble never disappoints. NEVER.

The actual day of our anniversary was on Sunday, the 10th. Naturally we didn't do too much that day as far as "celebrating". Mark was sick and I was dying and not to mention the Sabbath and all. But we made a friggin' BOMB dinner.


As I mentioned....DYING. That's my ghetto ricepack rig using 
a huge long scarf to tie it to my aching belly.


We love grilling. By we I mean he. I just love eating. Close enough.



Attractive at it's best.



We tried, okay? 
Romance is hard stuff.



I made twice-baked potatoes.
They were the best thing ever. 
I cursed my own self.


4 lbs of meat, 6 different flavors.
Carnivorous love, folks.



I remembered to get out our cake!!
The interwebz were not helpful in figuring out
how to defrost it successfully. Although we laughed 
at the suggestion to "let your dog at it" for the
easiest de'frost'ing.



We managed it though. 



Super delish. 
Thanks Mommy!! 


I wanted to color. He got bored too fast.
I had to finish his page for him.


Only the best husbands buy bubbly
6-7 months in advance as an
anniversary plan B, forget about it,
and then pour you a surprise glass.

So that was Sunday. It was low-key and just us and our food experiments. We love cooking and cooking together is always an adventure. We ended the day with Wreck-It Ralph and once again the movie brought tears to my eyes multiple times. Everything about that movie is so great. Most especially Alan Tudyk being a Mad Hatter-esque, "salmon" pink obsessed villain. Not to mention, my absolute FAVORITE Pixar short was released with that movie.
As a matter of fact, here. Watch. Be emotionally manipulated.




Anyway. So originally we bought a groupon to a skating rink for Christmas/my birthday but we never got around to it. Naturally I had the genius idea to save it for our anniversary. With this week being Spring Break our schedules were slightly opened a little bit. He's taking one online class, I'm in one biology course at CGCC, and it gets my mornings open with the high school being out as well. So really, life didn't change much for Spring Break. Huzzah for being working adults with realtime jobs. /sigh.


But this week would still be the easiest time to take a day off and celebrate the fact that we made it a year without either of us packing up and peacing out. We're just more crazy now. White jackets with mega long sleeves and padded walls crazy, mind you. Not that sappy "crazy-about-you" nonsense.
So we picked Wednesday since that's my one full-day-off and he's got vacation time stacked up the wazoo at work.
That morning we drove out to Scottsdale Fashion Square to visit the store we'll eventually take my ring to when we wanna exchange out the rock crystal center stone for moissanite. It's a real thing. A real cool thing. Check it out.
Turns out we couldn't find it. But I found the H&M real quick, so we stopped in there for a swift perusal. Luckily, nothing stood out and begged me to take it home so it really was a fast stop and we were in and out in less than 10 minutes.
Mark took me to lunch where he and his coworkers go quite often. He tried to bring me home some vittles from the Four Peaks Brewery once but the leftovers were nothing compared to the real thing.


The fries are the best thing on this planet and 
our burger was perfection.
We shared so we wouldn't be too full for dinner.


We wanted a picture in front of the logo,
but there were people.


By that time the rink was about to open and we had no idea where we were going or how to get there, so we headed out and braved the lunch trafficked streets of Scottsdale/Phoenix. I am constantly so glad he drives for these things because I can't deal with the stupid people. 
So I had no idea, but Arcadia Ice Rink is super ghetto. Which was perfect! There weren't billions of people and all their tiny, flailing children sprawling across the ice begging to have their fingers sliced off. It was so chill, and we had a lot of fun.






K, you can't even see anything (except my lovely muffintop) but I BIFFED it. Major. 
Mark was done and I was all, "I'll take a couple more spins around the rink."
KARMA. Karma sucker punched me halfway around my first lap.
I nicked my pick on the ice, flew forward, 
promptly landing flat on my knees and hip.
Graceful, I'm sure.
My camera flew out of my pocket
and the battery/memory compartment even opened.
That was the force of the impact. Awesome.

So with Mark all tuckered out and me all gimpified on both legs, we had some time to kill before our dinner reservation at 6 so we first got a gallon of water at Wal-Mart and I picked up a cute new swimsuit for this weekend! Headed to the lake with a group of friends. More things to blog about! Woohoo!!
Then we took a gander through the petsmart and looked through all the doggie books and I creeped on a regal looking pit bull who was there for whatever reason dogs go to Petsmart. I was just super excited to see a dog, I didn't really think about why he was there.
After we couldn't find anymore reasons to loiter in the petsmart, we drove back to the Superstition Springs mall to see what movies were playing at the Super Saver. Which was nothing at all worth seeing. Or at least nothing that worked with our time frame.
I can't not share this little tidbit; we were walking through the mall and passed all those jewelry stores. Obviously, I had to sing "every kiss begins with Kay" as obnoxiously as I could. Mark replies, "Or G," when I was done. We walked in silence for a minute while I tried to figure out what he meant. 


Finally I asked, "why a 'g'?" and he says,
"No reason. I just wanted to say 'orgy'."
Guys, no joke. I asked if that was a meme or something. He made that up. What a little nasteh.

Our next option was the Half Price Books right around the corner, which I would never turn down.


My injuries were not fading with "walking it off". 
My kind husband offered to go get the car
and then come pick me up. I wimped out guys.




Birdies.


BOOKS. YAY.

Finally it was time for dinner. We drove about 20 yards and checked in at the Olive Garden and immediately my stomach and soul were excited. I got an email about their 2 for $25 deal going on right now and no-questions-asked, that's where we were going for our anniversary dinner. We first planned going somewhere super fancy, splurging and what-not. But Olive Garden at a good deal was far too wonderful to pass up.


Best salads in the universe.


Calamari and Bruschetta appetizer.


My pasta that was too fancy for my palate. 
Shoulda kept it simple and gotten the sausage.
But ah well, it was still delicious!


Mark got the Tuscan Garlic Chicken and it was
HEAVENLY.
We literally saved two bites of that chicken to eat last.

We still had cake and ice cream at home so we didn't have to get expensive tiny treats at the restaurant. This part was hands down my favorite part of the whole anniversary celebrations...


Pajamas, no more contacts, bobby pins, or skinny jeans, and a Dr. Pepper polar pop. Yep. My favorite.
Oh, I completely forgot. We also stopped by Best Buy at some point and bought "How to Train Your Dragon". So we enjoyed that as well. 

Last but most certainly not least, I had the best MOH (maid/matron of honor) ever and last year at our wedding, the wonderful Allora video recorded mine and Mark's first dance. Somehow, that never got shared with us during the first year and I completely forgot about it until a couple weeks ago. So we watched that and relived the joy of our first dance as husband and wife one year ago :)
I wanted to share it with you guys too but going from Mac to PC has not been kind and will not let me. Rude.

It's been a grand year and I'm looking forward to many, many more. This next one is already proving to be fairly exciting and full of important, promising decisions. So glad for my sweet husband who is always with me.



There. We're dancing.








2 comments:

  1. Two things:

    1 - I am obsessed with that Paperman short! I waited and checked like every day for it to FINALLY come out on YouTube so I could show my daddy!

    2 - I love that you colored on your anniversary. Totally something I would do. Note to self: buy some coloring books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paperman basically changed my life. I'm such a geek for Disney/Pixar, those shorts always boggle my mind.

      The dollar store is the best place for coloring books! I think I have 3 or 4 laying around the house x]

      Delete