Monday, February 25, 2013

Husband Tales

So last night while I was writing up the events from last weekend my husband had some moments and I'd like to share them with y'all.

We were watching some old Psych episodes and a hulu commercial came on. We keep commercials muted so I didn't know what was going on but he explodes, "OH I hate this commercial!" and his sudden vehemence made me laugh especially because I had never seen the commercial before. All I knew was a nice looking black man was sitting with his kids at a restaurant and they had some good looking food so I asked why he hated it so much. Here was his speech;
"The gist is that he says the skillet meal combo with a salad and dessert is what he calls a 'square meal' and his daughter pipes up 'Wouldn't that be a triangle meal? Since there's only three parts?' and he corrects himself saying he should call it a well-rounded meal," and all this time Mark's speaking in this ugly mocking voice and I'm trying really hard not to laugh out loud, "and it's just stupid!! He should tell her 'good job, honey! That's so smart' and reinforce and just...ugh!!"
And for a second I was in stunned silence with this stupid grin on my face because this is the first time I've seen such a fatherly side of Mark. It was the cutest, most attractive thing he's said/done in the longest time and I was perilously close to crying of happiness.

Later, and I can't remember how it came up, but the idea that "you remember what you care about" came up. Mark is the worst when it comes to remembering things. To the point where something we talked about 5 hours earlier for dinner is completely out of his brain by the time he gets home from work. Things I asked him to do, stuff we need to get done, most especially my birthday....it's endearing most of the time. And yet he knows all the stats for a bunch of engines and terms for electronic stuff and can lead a conversation in most anything.
So when he states, "You remember what you care about..." I couldn't help raising my eyebrows at him and saying, "Oh really? Is that what the rule is? I'll keep that in mind," and he gets this pouty look on his face and shouts,
"Ok! You do that and hate your life!"
I could not stop laughing.
Written down it's not nearly as funny as it was at the moment and it actually almost sounds bad but if you knew my husband and were there....

And now I'm at the end of the most recent Grey's Anatomy episode and my heart is about to explode out of my chest. I feel it beating through my whole body. STRESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment